Alabama’s new FOSTERING HOPE SCHOLARSHIP is an investment in the post-secondary education and training goals of youth who were in the foster care system when they earned a high school diploma or GED, as well as those adopted from Alabama foster care after age 14. This comprehensive program covers tuition and fees for eligible students enrolled full-time in a post-secondary certificate or undergraduate degree program; additionally, it helps eligible high school students begin planning ahead towards achievable goals. Students may apply for the Fostering Hope Scholarship until their 26th birthday and receive funding for one semester after they turn 26. Click HERE to find out more.
The Alabama Education and Training Voucher Program is a federally-funded, state-administered program designed to help youth who were in U.S. foster care. Students may receive up to $5,000 a year for qualified school related expenses. Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible students. Applicants must complete the ETV application which includes documentation each semester that is sent directly from the school to ETV confirming enrollment, the cost of attendance (COA) and unmet need.
- You must be a current or former foster student who:
- was in U.S. foster care on your 18th birthday and aged out at that time.
- was adopted from U.S. foster care with the adoption finalized AFTER your 16th birthday.
- will have your foster care case closed between the ages of 18 and 21.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or qualified non-citizen.
- Your personal assets (bank account, car, home, etc.) are worth less than $10,000.
- You must be at least 17 but younger than 21 to apply for the first time. You may reapply for ETV funds, if you have a current grant, up to the age of 23.
- You must have been accepted into or be enrolled in a degree, certificate or other accredited program at a college, university, technical, vocational school. To remain eligible for ETV funding, you must show progress toward a degree or certificate.
Click HERE to begin the application process.
Download your application documents HERE.
For more information, please call 800-585-7009×1 or email email@example.com. Our fax number is 855-773-8299.