Arizona has two educational support programs for foster youth. The Arizona Education and Training Voucher (ETV) Program is a federally-funded, state-administered program which can provide youth who are or were in foster care with up to $5,000 a year for qualified school-related expenses. Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible students.
The Arizona Tuition Waiver is available to foster youth and former foster youth attending public community colleges, four-year colleges and universities in the State of Arizona.
DUAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- You must be a current or former foster youth who:
- was in foster care on or after your 16th birthday, OR
- was adopted from foster care with the adoption finalized after your 16th birthday.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or qualified non-citizen.
- Your personal assets (bank account, car, home, etc.) cannot be over $10,000.
- If you were funded before your 21st birthday and are in good standing and progressing towards earning a credential, you remain eligible for continued funding until your 23rd birthday.
ETV: You must attend an accredited college, university, technical or vocational school.
Arizona Tuition Waiver: You must attend an Arizona public college or university.
Click HERE to begin the application process.
Download your application documents HERE.
For more information, please call 855-220-8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our fax number is 855-802-0088.