Arizona has two educational support programs for foster youth. The Arizona Education and Training Voucher (ETV) Program is a federally-funded, state-administered program which can provide youth who are or were in U.S. foster care with up to $5,000 a year for qualified school-related expenses. Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible students.
The Arizona Tuition Waiver is available to foster youth and former foster youth attending Arizona public community colleges, four-year colleges and universities.
DUAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- You must be a current or former foster youth who:
- was in U.S. foster care on or after your 16th birthday, OR
- was adopted from U.S. foster care with the adoption finalized after your 16th birthday.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or qualified non-citizen.
- Your personal assets (bank account, car, home, etc.) cannot be over $10,000.
- If you are in good standing and progressing towards earning a credential, you remain eligible for funding until your 23rd birthday.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
ETV: You must attend an accredited college, university, technical or vocational school. You must receive your first funding before your 21st birthday.
Arizona Tuition Waiver: You must attend an Arizona public college or university. You may receive your first funding any time before your 23rd birthday.
Click HERE to begin the application process.
Download your application documents HERE.
For more information, please call 855-220-8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our fax number is 855-802-0088.